We believe that our most successful residents had one thing in common — they were truly ready to take the rigorous steps necessary to let the Lord change their life and set their feet on the solid Rock of Christ. We also know, from experience, that certain guidelines have to be met not only to ensure an applicant’s success in the program, but also to ensure the safety of the other residents. **Please be aware that we are not an emergency shelter.** To be considered for entrance into “City Center” Transitional Living Program an applicant needs to demonstrate the following:
- Homeless or At-Risk of Homelessness: Homeless is defined as living in their car, in a shelter, couch surfing, or staying with Family members for a temporary time frame or existing a prior program and unable to sustain independent living.
- No Current Reported Domestic Violence: Issues of domestic violence must be resolved at least six months prior to entry into the program. Applicant must no longer be in a relationship with the abuser and must disclose information about the abuser.
- No Violent Felonies: Applicant must have no record of convictions for felonies more recent than three years.
- D.O.J. Background Check is required of all adult residence.
- No Current Substance Abuse: Applicant must be clean and sober for at least six months and active in a sobriety program.
- Work: Applicant must be employed full-time within 30 days.
- General: Applicant must be at least 18 years of age. Single males or females and married couples with children are eligible. Unfortunately, unmarried couples are ineligible to live at the City Center together. Priority is given to families that are no larger than four family members. Unfortunately, we are only able to accept families with children under 12.
If you feel you meet these requirements and are willing to take the necessary steps to make a lasting positive change in your life, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 805-628-9035.