Who We Are
The City Center and its staff, case managers, therapists, and mentors are dedicated to helping homeless families – often single parent families transition from homelessness to independence. We use a variety of methodologies, frameworks, and perspectives all with Christ at the center. We do this over the course of many months – the residents and their care team put in a lot of hard work – but its all worth it. Though the housing is temporary, it IS a place to call their own during that time, where they can feel safe, find some needed stability in their life and have a place where they can concentrate on getting their life under control. Residents are given more than just spiritual and life skills.
Residents are empowered to become financially stable through a savings program and employment requirement. With this help and structure, our residents will find themselves back on their feet and on their own. All it takes is a willing heart, and determined spirit, and a heart of surrender.
If this resonates in your heart and you want to aid us in our mission to end homelessness in Ventura, please consider a tax-deductible donation. If you are interested in something more might we suggest sponsoring a room or becoming a mentor.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, and final authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that salvation is by God’s grace through faith alone, for Jesus Christ’s sake alone.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God, our only Savior, who was born of a virgin, who then lived for us, died for us, arose from the dead for us, ascended into Heaven to intercede for us, and who will return in power and great glory for all of us who believe in Him.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whom Christ indwells each believer, enabling them to live a godly life of obedience as they grow in Christian maturity.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit unites all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ into one Body, the Church.